Usually you will get an error message along the lines of “Requested registry access is not allowed” or permission denied error. When this happens you have two options.
The First option is to disable the User Account Control (UAC) feature for the duration of the install on the machine.
1.Click Start, type accounts in the Start Search box, and then click User Accounts in the Programs list.
2. Click Turn User Account Control on or off. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.
3. Click to clear the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box, and then click OK.
4. Restart the computer.
You can now install the code on the machine. Make sure that once you have installed the code , reset the UAC options and restart the machine again.
The Second option (and my preferred one) is to do it from the command line.
1. Open the command prompt (The command prompt is located in the Accessories group) as a user who has administrative permissions on the local computer. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
2. Type the directory of the location where you copied the .msp or install file for the service pack, and then press ENTER.
3. To run the installation, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
Note In the command in step 3,
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org